Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10-10-10 A Day of Love

They say on Oct. 10, 2010 more weddings were performed internationally than any other day in history. According to the NY Times, somewhere in the vicinity of 39,000 couples tied the knot in the US alone…and that is just one country! All around the world the same phenomenon happened.

I performed several of them myself. One couple I performed the marriage for both shared 110/10 as their birthday and now too their anniversary. Another couple got married after 16 years of being together. I joked with them about saying “I did” instead of “I do.”
I have to admit, at first, it sounded kind of cheesy to me and as I stood on the beach watching couple after couple flaunting their wedding attire, it seemed kind of comical.

As the officiant, I felt like yelling, “Next!” just for fun.

But as the sun set on kissing couples with cameras flashing all up and down the beach, I noticed that I was walking away from the day feeling absolutely joyful. I could feel a a tangible energetic high. I felt like we had all taken part in a historical event and rather than one about war or terrorism, the event was about love and hope and commitment and devotion.

If the theory is true that the energy expelled when a butterfly flaps its wings can impact the path of tornado faraway, one has to wonder when thousands and thousands of couples hold the intention of love on a single day, what does the energy of million kisses send across the planet?

Ah, the power of love.

Start planning, 11/11/11 is only a year away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Regarding all aspects the blog was perfectly nice. Go to The Cove Wine

Anonymous said...

Superb way of explaining, and great blog to get wonderful information.

Tips by Eduardo Homse